https://www.richardcleaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rcdotcomlogo.png 0 0 Richard Cleaver https://www.richardcleaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rcdotcomlogo.png Richard Cleaver2012-12-18 11:16:522012-12-18 11:16:52Winter Driving
TD Insurance asked the Environics Research Group to poll drivers in Ontario about winter driving. What did they discover?
- 54% of Ontario drivers do not carry an emergency kit in their car
- 43% of Ontario drivers do not use snow tires
I do carry an emergency kit in my car. The car manufacturer was thoughtful enough to put a kit in the trunk otherwise I likely would not have one. Â My car runs on a set of high performance tires. Terrific in mild weather. Completely hopeless in cold weather. I had no choice but to purchase snow tires. I installed them on the car a few weeks back.
TD Insurance provided some helpful tips for winter driving:
- Prepare your car for the winter (servicing and winter tires)
- Do not let your fuel tank run low
- Pack some extra windshield wash
- Keep an emergency kit
- Carry a fully-charged cellphone
I must be getting older. I never used to think about this kind of stuff. The press release is here.
My uninformed view on this matter is that if your car is encrusted in so much ice you have bigger problems than keeping a survival kit in the trunk ….
The world ends soon so it likely doesn’t matter 🙂