TD Insurance asked the Environics Research Group to poll drivers in Ontario about winter driving. What did they discover?
- 54% of Ontario drivers do not carry an emergency kit in their car
- 43% of Ontario drivers do not use snow tires
I do carry an emergency kit in my car. The car manufacturer was thoughtful enough to put a kit in the trunk otherwise I likely would not have one. Â My car runs on a set of high performance tires. Terrific in mild weather. Completely hopeless in cold weather. I had no choice but to purchase snow tires. I installed them on the car a few weeks back.
TD Insurance provided some helpful tips for winter driving:
- Prepare your car for the winter (servicing and winter tires)
- Do not let your fuel tank run low
- Pack some extra windshield wash
- Keep an emergency kit
- Carry a fully-charged cellphone
I must be getting older. I never used to think about this kind of stuff. The press release is here.