The weather system that has brought lots of rain and cloud to Kingston will hang around for the foreseeable future. Temperatures have been in the 10 – 12 C range with strong winds above 30 km/h. Seasonal highs for this time of year are typically around 20 C.
There have been only 80 hours of sunshine so far this month. Less than two-thirds of what is typical for the month of May.
Environment Canada describes the current situation as a stalled weather system. I can think of some different ways to describe the current situation.
It has been a difficult month for consistent outdoor riding on my bike. Getting a bad flu coupled with a bad ear infection did not help the start of the cycling season either.
Perhaps the sun and some warmth will return to Ontario this summer. I was not planning to continue spinning indoors until June. What a difference from last year.
There are some positives to all of this weather.
- I do not have to buy sunscreen.
- I do not have to buy shorts. Or a swim suit.
- I do not need to wash the car.
- I do not have to worry about changes in the weather.
- I do not have to worry about the well running dry.
- I do not need air conditioning.
- I do not have to close the blinds to watch the home theatre before sunset.
- I do not have to carry sunglasses.
- I do not need antiperspirant.
- I do not have to worry about wear and tear on my bike tires.
Always focus on the positive.