The big reveal. I did pick up a new guitar to go along with the new Dr. Z amplifier and speaker cab. A Tom Anderson Guitarworks Drop Top.
- Model: Drop Top
- Body Finish: Cajun Red with Binding
- Body Wood: Flame Maple Top on Alder
- Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple, Rosewood Fretboard
- Neck Finish: Black Headstock, Satin Back
- Nutwidth: 1 11/16 in
- Frets: Heavy
- Back Shape: Even Taper
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Vintage Tremolo
- Pickguard: No Pickguard
- Pickups: SF1R SF1 HO2
- Switching: 5 Way, Splitter, VA Booster, Pull Adds Bridge
- Strings: .010-.046 Elixir strings (which I promptly replaced with D’Addario 10 – 46)
My son had joined me for the guitar selection rite of passage and I told him that we may or may not find the guitar. That if it was there at the store waiting for me, we would find it. It would call out to me. And if the guitar did not call out to me, we would keep looking. We spent several hours auditioning numerous guitars: Fender, Suhr, Tom Anderson. This one guitar, the one I took home, played like a dream. It called out and I listened. Awesome machine.
I haven’t had a chance to take photos of the new rig but it looks a bit like this one. Main difference is that my headstock is black.
I guess I am now set for another ten years. Hopefully I will still be playing when I’m 64.