The new projector for the home theater came in on Friday. The unit, a Panasonic PT-AE3000U, was remarkably easy to install. I had it up and running on Friday evening after only two hours or so of work. Here is an overview of my current system:
- Goo Systems Screen — 120 inch diagonal screen created with paint and trim.
- Panasonic PT-AE3000U Projector — new
- Sony BDPS360 Blu-Ray Player
- Microsoft XBOX360 — third one as the first two experienced the dreaded Red Ring of Death
- Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH Audio Video Receiver
- B&W 683 Towers
- B&W HTM61 Center
- SVS PB-13 Ultra Subwoofer — awesome sub!
- Tannoy PBM 6.5 surrounds — next on the upgrade list
- High quality HDMI and speaker cables
- Harmony Universal Remote
Although not a high end room like this one, we have a space in our home that easily rivals the local cineplex. The screen is not as large but the image and sound quality is exceptional. With two recliners in the viewing sweetspot, it is an experience that is hard to beat when watching movies.
I am really pleased with the image quality of the Panasonic PT-AE3000U. With very little calibration, the unit puts out an amazing image right out of the box.