https://www.richardcleaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rcdotcomlogo.png 0 0 Richard Cleaver https://www.richardcleaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rcdotcomlogo.png Richard Cleaver2007-04-16 13:11:142007-04-16 13:11:14Men In Church
I came across some interesting observations about men and church from this site:
- A typical church draws an adult crowd that”™s 61% female, 39% male.
- On any given Sunday there are 13 million more adult women than men in America”™s churches.
- Almost 25 percent of married, churchgoing women will worship without their husbands.
- Midweek activities often draw 70 to 80 percent female participants.
- The majority of church employees are women (except for ordained clergy, who are overwhelmingly male).
- As many as 90 percent of the boys who are being raised in church will abandon it by their 20th birthday. Many of these boys will never return.
- More than 90 percent of American men believe in God, and five out of six call themselves Christians. But only two out of six attend church on a given Sunday.
- A significant number of churchgoing men attend out of habit, unaffected by what they hear.
- Quite a few men go to church simply to keep their wives/mothers/girlfriends happy.