At the start of my vacation I had a number of items in the job jar. Let’s check on status.
- Finish the mastering pre-work for Mercy Train: almost done. I have one song remaining and I might get it done today.
- Redecorate the family room: done. This was a big job and I am really pleased with how well the extreme makeover turned out.
- Clean and rejoint the paving stones: front drive and patio done with the exception of spreading some sand.
- Restain the Muskoka chairs: done. They look very nice now.
- Parge the foundation of the house: since I had no idea what that meant, I did not do any parging.
- Redo the front lightscape: I trimmed the landscape instead.
- Declutter the furnace room: I decided that I needed to have some fun during my vacation. The furnace room is a bad, bad place of clutter. Very dangerous. Best to avoid such a hazardous environment.
Overall, I was able to get a lot of work done. And I did something that I do not normally do… I took some time and relaxed. I can be so driven that if I don’t have a dozen things on the go, then I am not really living life.
It was a treat to ignore most emails. I only got dragged into one business meeting during my vacation. I did not carry my crackberry. And I spent a lot of time with my family. Ghost Recon with the boys, movies at the Cineplex, eating out at restaurants, hanging around the pool, DVDs on the home theatre.
I could get used to this.
Better get back to work before this becomes habit-forming.