Our family moved to a new cellphone plan and I dropped by the Telus dealer here in town to get a new phone. We have a couple of pretty new Samsungs and I was hoping to get a Bluetooth handset. I picked up the Motorola V710 as that was the only Bluetooth phone that Telus carries.
I have to say that I still am absolutely amazed at the capabilities of the current state technology. This is a device that offers:
- High-resolution 1.2-megapixel camera with auto timer
- Connectivity via Bluetooth and CE bus
- Auto focus with white balance for sunny, cloudy, indoor or night photos
- Camera light and 16MB RAM
- Video clip capture and playback
- Polyphonic ringtones, screensavers and wallpapers
- Integrated speakerphone
- 500 multi-fielded phonebook entries
- Integrated MP3 player, MP3/MIDI ringers
- Large 2.2″ active color display
I picked up a Bluetooth wireless headset to go with the phone. This small device looks like it comes out of a science fiction movie. Lightweight, it barely covers the ear. One button press initiates the voice recognition on the phone through the Bluetooth wireless connection. You can dial numbers through voice recognition either by name in the phone directory or by number. In essence, you can operate the phone completely hands free. The phone can be within 30 feet of the wireless headset.